Andrew McCafferty brief resume
# 30 Lane 75, Nanking East Rd. Sec 4
Taipei, Taiwan 10508
(Email) firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
I was born on September 16, 1955 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I was converted to Christ during my college years. At Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, I studied under Dr. John Gerstner and Dr. Ford Lewis Battles. I became a missionary to Taiwan in September of 1992, and married Priscilla Chao of Taiwan on July 1, 1995. I was ordained as a teaching Elder (Pastor) in the Presbyterian Church in America in July of 2003 (Southeast Louisiana Presbytery).
1. August 2008 - Present: Head Pastor of the Hong En Church, Faculty member at CRTS, Executive director of the Reformation Translation Fellowship Publishing company
2. June 1997-August 2008: Academic Dean of China Reformed Theological Seminary, Executive director of Friends of CRTS (a US nonprofit), Executive director of the Reformation Translation Fellowship Publishing company (2007-2008)
3. August 1992-June 1996: Full time teacher at Taosheng Theological Seminary, Taipei
4. August 1987-June 1992: Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Louisiana State University
5. August 1980-August 1987: Teaching fellow at McGill University and the University of Pittsburgh
1. August 1982-June 1987: University of Pittsburgh, Ph.D. in Philosophy
Dissertation: Relevance, Speech Acts, and Speaker Plans -- Towards a computational theory
2. August 1980-June 1982: McGill University, Graduate Studies in Philosophy
3. August 1977-June 1980: Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Masters of Divinity
4. August 1973-June 1977: University of Pittsburgh, B.S. in Mathematics
Summa Cum Laud, Co-winner of the Culver award as the outstanding undergraduate mathematics major
1. Calvin and Insignifying Grounds, Faith and Philosophy, Vol 11, No 1, Jan 1994, pp. 109-116
2. "Speaker Plans, Linguistic Contexts and Indirect Speech Acts" in Knowledge Representation and Defeasible Reasoning. Editors: Henry E. Kyburg Jr., etc. Kluger Academic Publishers, Dordrecht/Boston/London, 1991, pp. 191-220.
3. "Warfield, Calvin and the Testimony of the Holy Spirit" in God's Fiery Challenger for Our Time, Festschrift in honor of Stephen Tong, Editor: Benyamin Intan, Reformed Center for religion and society, Jakarta.
4. Dichotomy: The Orthodox View of Human Constitution, China and the Gospel, Vol 3, No 1, Jan 2003, p.81-108
5. Various shorter articles
1. Louisiana State University: Logic (all levels), Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Religion, Philosophy of Mind
2. Seminary courses: All areas of New Testament including Greek, some Old Testament and beginning Hebrew, some systematic theology, all of Western Church History, Apologetics, Jonathan Edwards.
1. Rev. Daniel Tsai, President of the Board of CRTS, (office) 886-2-2722-4930, (email) firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Rev. Andrew Silman, President of the Board of Friends of CRTS, email@example.com